If you step out your door at the end of September and see this:
(not actually what I see outside my door, but it is in my town)
when you should be seeing this:
...you need a Pretend Fall Survival Kit.
A Pretend Fall Survival Kit is essential for those of us living in southern states who yearn for the beauty and wonder that is fall, but are missing out on the required crisp, cold air to bring it about (unlike my friend at LucidLotusLife who is already having a beautiful fall this year).
It is everything you need to pretend fall has come to visit you.
Key Ingredients For A Pretend Fall Survival Kit
- Hats - Knit hats. Wool hats. Hats with buttons. Hats with ribbons. Hats are essential for giving you that fall feel.
- Fall Drinks - I have Apple Cider (a classic fall drink) and orange coffee (my favorite). Anything Pumpkin Spice flavor will also work. Bonus points if your survival kit contains an orange mug to toast the arrival of fall.
- Fall Books - Anne of Windy Poplars always makes me feel like fall is in the air.
- Fall TV & Movies - My family watches all the episodes of Gilmore Girls with changing leaves when we want to pretend it is fall. In movies, When Harry Met Sally has great fall scenes in it, and so does Stepmom (if you are prepared to cry).
- Fall Scented Candles - Pumpkin Pie. Apples and Cinnamon. Apple Pie (any pie scent will work). Spiced Cider. Frosted Cranberry. Leaves. Vanilla Shortbread.
- Fall Colored Accessories - You might not have deep, red leaves around you, but you can carry a deep, red purse.
- Boots - The only shoes I love that aren't flip flops.
- Scarves - I like to make my own, but that isn't required. You can't have fall, or pretend fall, without a nice scarf.
- Socks - Not pictured because they are currently on my feet. they are grey with small vines and fall leaves running up the side. They are also very thin because it isn't actually hot enough to wear socks in Florida in September.
What would you put in a (Pretend) Fall Survival Kit?
Rach from Life Ever Since and I are Community Leads at The SITS Girls. We have organized a fun event for this week, with daily prompts to help you get back into your blogging groove after the long summer, and allow us to celebrate the wonderfulness that is fall. Today's prompt: Fall Photos.