I am also the person who makes words appear here on From Tracie. Which is good, because it would be weird to have a blog named From Tracie if my name was Glenda or Anastasia.
A few things you should know about me:
- I am a follower of Jesus. Worship is like fresh breath to me.
- Books are my favorite thing in the world, and I always have at least one near me at all times.
- I'm 1/2 Canadian, on my Mother's side, and I am proud to be part of the first American generation of my immigrant family.
- Office supplies make me ridiculously happy.
- I love crafting, and dream of one day owning a lathe.
- When I am not writing or reading, I spend my time watching far too many movies and TV shows, and trying to get my family to dance and sing with me.
- I take pictures of things that are yellow.
Thomas and I have been married for eleven years (we had three weddings, y'all), and he still makes me laugh every day. He also provides me with no shortage of blogging material, and doesn't even get mad when I write about what happens when he stays home for the day, how difficult it was to teach him how to play Candy Crush, or the time he almost learned how to speak Elvish.
|Thomas and Katarina|
We do live in Florida, but we don't go to the beach every day nor do we work at a theme park. Although we do enjoy visiting those places as much as possible, I would trade them all in for changing leaves and a good snowfall.
My Blogging Journey
I started blogging in 2005 to talk about surviving childhood sexual abuse. I was deep in the trenches of healing at that time, and trying to decide what and how I would tell my family and friends about it. Writing my story online, and connecting with other survivors, was a huge step for me, and helped me to eventually be open with everyone in my life.
In 2009 I officially changed my blog to From Tracie, and transitioned to writing about life, parenting, faith, humor, books, things I love, personal growth, and a generous sharing of yellow pictures.
|In my early years of blogging, I marked the passage of time with pictures of my family's shoes.|
I took over management of the monthly Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse in 2010, and am an Operational Committee member, team leader, and director of social media for the nonprofit website Band Back Together. Links to some of my other writing and social media work can be found on my Writing & Working page. I am available for interviews, public speaking, or to write for your website or blog. I also partner with brands on campaigns by providing editorial content here on From Tracie.
Please contact me if you would like to work on a project together, or if you have any questions. I can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and GoodReads, or you can email me at email@example.com.