Like this week, when there was a Harry Potter and Gryffindor-themed bookmark waiting for my kid at the post office, handmade by Tia. That was a very fun mail day.
It is the weekend, which means Ten Things of Thankful is happening at the Considerings Blog. Are you ready for some thankfuls? Here are mine:
1. Ice Cream Sandwiches.
2. Working internet and video chats.
3. Hot Tea.
4. Audio books that allow Thomas to read while he is at work, and make for great conversations when he comes home.
5. Hamburgers and french fries.
6. Craft stores.
7. Salads with tangy dressing and fruit.
8. Buses that arrive right on time.
9. Chips of all kinds - potato, tortilla, pita, chocolate, and cinnamon.
10. Books in which bookmarks can be used.
And now I'm going to eat some lunch. Because, as I think this list demonstrates, I'm feeling a little hungry.
I know there is a rule that you shouldn't grocery shop hungry, because you will want to buy all the things. Maybe there is a similar rule for writing hungry? I also wonder if J.K. Rowling was hungry when she wrote all those banquet and meal scenes at Hogwarts in the Harry Potter books. All those great food descriptions - I always get hungry when I read them.
What are you thankful for today?
And what are you eating? I might need some dinner ideas!