Things that make you smile, like alliteration and small green leaves that curl around yellow roses. Things that bring joy to your heart. Or blessings that come unexpectedly.
Ten thankfuls from my life today:
1. The snooze button on my alarm.
2. Inspiring books. Especially when one is written by a friend.
3. Rainy days. We lost power for several hours yesterday after an extremely heavy rainstorm. That wasn't my favorite, but even so, it was beautiful. And the power came back on, bringing the internet with it, so I am thankful for that, too.
4. Internet quizzes. Yes, I love them. And I love it when a friend sends me links to particularly great ones on twitter.
5. Sitting up late at night, watching movies with Thomas (I have to admit that this is directly related to being thankful for that snooze button).
6. Every time I get tagged in a picture because it is yellow.
7. Spreadsheets. I'll out myself as a total geek here (as if you didn't already suspect that), but along with office supplies, I really love a great spreadsheet. And if it is a spreadsheet about books? I love it even more.
8. Magical raspberry jam, and people who make it.
9. PBS. To take that whole geek thing one more step...we are that family who sits at home on a weekend night (or any night, really) watching PBS, and loving every second of it.
10. Encouragers. I'm blessed to have several people in my life who are particularly gifted at this special power, and for each one of them, I am thankful today.
Bonus Thankful: I Believe, by Christina Perri.
What are you thankful for today? Tell me in a comment. Or write a post of your own, and link it up with Tamara and Roxanne at SITS for Back to Blogging, and then share it with Lizzi at Considerings this weekend.
Thankfulness is a powerful thing.