Here's ten things I'm thankful for this week:
1. Wide open spaces and mountaintops.
2. Just a little thing called my first television appearance! No big deal.
Also? A big deal.
3. Coffee shops.
4. This kid. She makes me smile every day. And she is pretty cool.
5. Getting to hear the sweet sound of my fake niece when I was talking to her mom on the phone. Fake niece? You know, when your best friend has a baby, and the baby is real, but you aren't really her aunt biologically speaking? That is a fake niece.
Mine is a little over a week old, and she is amazing.
6. Milkshakes of the pumpkin spice cheesecake variety.
7. The comments on this post about being an only child, raising an only child, and mom-guilt. And blog comments in general, really, but these particular comments are a blessing to my heart.
8. Trees. Tall, tall trees.
(Katarina took this picture and gave me permission to share it here.)
9. Family movie night. We watched The Croods, and laughed a lot.
10. NaBloPoMo. It is crazy, but so very fun.
What are you thankful for today?