They didn't have any filling or flavor.
No chocolate. No hazelnut. Not even any french vanilla.
Just the outer cookie.
It is like having an Oreo without the cream, and nobody wants that.
After a couple of bites I realized they tasted exactly like fortune cookies.
So now I'm sad there isn't any chocolate filling, or a piece of paper giving me lotto numbers and a possible glimpse into my future. Very disappointing.
Here's the thing, I'm fairly cheap, and like getting a good deal, but that good deal isn't good anymore when the cookies are bad.
Life is too short to buy cookies that aren't great just to save a dollar.
The older I get, the more I feel the shortness of life. And I'm realizing how many things I do, that I don't want to do, and don't even really NEED to do. And all the things I don't do, that I really DO want to do.
Here are some more things I've learned life is to short to do or not do:
- Life is too short to not stay up all night when you are reading an amazing book, and let yourself sleep in the next morning.
- Life is too short to eat all your vegetables and not leave room for dessert (unless you love vegetables like dessert, in which case I don't understand you, but do think you should eat all the veggies you want!).
- Life is too short to not wear that t-shirt from 1997 that still makes you smile.
- Life is too short to make your kids stick to a strict bedtime schedule every single night.
- Life is too short to not make time for writing, especially when those words might be some of the most important things you leave behind in the end.
- Life is too short to eat grilled chicken when you really want a steak.
- Life is too short to not talk to your best friend on the phone for an hour.
- Life is too short to talk to someone you don't like, or stay on hold, for more than ten minutes.
- Life is too short to not visit that museum exhibit you have been wanting to see even though you should be running errands.
- Life is too short to check your work email in the evening when you really don't have to.
- Life is too short to not add time for that video chat into your official schedule so you don't miss it.
- Life is too short to waste time on reality television (unless you really love it, and then you should go for it!).
- Life is too short to not save up, take a whole day off, and go to the movie theater for a double feature.
- Life is too short to stay in relationships that don't nourish your soul.
- Life is too short to not learn how to do that thing you have always dreamed about trying.
- Life is too short to hold on to things that aren't really important.
- Life is too short to not tell your stories. All of them.
- Life is too short to keep your mouth shut when you know the answer or have a better way.
- Life is too short to not take that picture so you can remember this perfect moment forever.
- Life is too short to let fear lead the way in your decisions.
- Life is too short to not take a road trip, or any other kind of trip.
- Life is too short to pretend to be someone you aren't.
What is your life too short to, or not to, do?