So today I am going to link up with Lizzi and her thankfulness. And I am going to remember that there are things for which I am very thankful.
1. The sunlight that streams in through the window. And the curtains that hold it out on mornings when I want to sleep in.
2. Writing like this from my friend Alexandra at Good Day Regular People, where she explains her one-household revolution in the way society treats women, what happens to magazines that find their way into her home, and how she teaches her boys about unacceptable portrayals of women in media by her actions.
3. That the person who scraped and stole content from hundreds of blogs and websites earlier this week (including mine) was shut down.
4. Books that arrive in the mail. This week it was Mommy Memoirs from Ann Van De Water that landed in my post office box, and has given me cause to laugh and think.
5. Bible studies emailed to me each morning, that will touch my heart if only I take the time to read and study with them.
6. Chocolate doughnuts and coffee early on a Saturday morning. Lovingly delivered by my husband before he left for work.
7. British television, arriving on my tv by way of library DVDs. This week I'm loving Cadfael, and rewatching Cranford. I snuck in a little As Time Goes By, too.
8. Rainbow loom bracelets and charms and headbands, and a storage case for all those tiny rubber bands.
Creating new things with the loom has been a great distraction for Katarina the last two weeks as she works through her feelings and grief.
9. All the people who stepped in, and helped me finish tasks and work while I took time off to be with my family. It is a blessing to be so supported.
10. Laughter. And reasons to laugh. And hearing Thomas and Katarina laugh, especially after a time of so many tears.
What are you thankful for today?