I will speak nice words today. #dailygoal
— Tracie Nall (@fromtracie) November 18, 2013
Sometimes I need a reminder. And sometimes I need that reminder to be out there where everyone else can read it, too. Because there are days when nice words are HARD, and I struggle to find anything positive around me.
On those days, I turn to these verses:
On those days, I examine my heart.
"The tongue has the power of life and death" - Proverbs 18:21
On those days, I pray. If I am going to speak life, I will need God's help.
There is always something better I can do than spending my energy grumbling, yelling, and cursing everything around me. I can pick up the phone or send an email. I can read a book. I can work on a project. I can listen to my new favorite song on repeat (and let it remind me of the importance of speaking life-words):
Tia has been rocking this month with positivity on her blog each day (that takes NaBloPoMo to a whole new level right there). Today I am going to join her with some positives of my own. I am going to use my nice words. I am going to speak life, and focus on thankfulness.
- I am thankful for friends who are always there to listen, love, and pray with me.
- I am thankful that I don't have to do this life thing on my own.
- I am thankful for a savior who understands what it is like to live in this world, and all the pain and hurt that goes with it.
- I am thankful for the ability to ask for help, even when it is hard.
- I am thankful for waiting, because it is preparing me.
- I am thankful for honesty and a life lived without secrets.
- I am thankful for early morning coffee and quiet time to write.
- I am thankful for a family who loves me, even on my dark days.
- I am thankful for hope. For love. For peace.
I am thankful. I've got a pretty good life going on here. I am blessed.
*NaBloPoMo is better with positivity.